Memphis-Midsouth DSA is a local chapter of the Democratic Socialists of America. We are working to build a democratic socialist movement in the Memphis-Midsouth area by working with other progressives to fight for social justice, equality, peace, and democracy in all areas of society.
What we believe
- Everyone should be able to live a full and dignified life.
- The economy must be run democratically; none shall be poor so another can be rich.
- The abolition of poverty.
- Affordable, humane housing for all.
- Universal Medicare-for-all.
- Free education: from pre-K to trades, college and beyond.
- Democracy in the workplace; all workers have the right to organize.
- Complete reproductive freedom in all forms.
- An end to racial, gender and all other forms of oppression.
- An end to punitive justice and mass incarceration.
- An end to military and police aggression.
- Democratic control over the environment to preserve the planet.
- Total freedom to migrate; humanity has no borders.